Sunday, March 23, 2008

It Gets Me Thru


Sometimes the days are long, and the nights even longer. I'm an emotional bloke. I cry at the stupidest movies and over things I'm embarrassed to admit to. I'm not the crying guy, but I do fight depression on a constant basis. So what do I do when I get the blues? Where do I turn when the world gets to be a bit too much?

I turn to MY music.

It doesn't matter which band much or which tune. When I'm pissed I listen to Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Dio or The Doors. Maybe some Grand Funk or Hendrix. When I'm down I'll put on some Pink Floyd, King Crimson, or Jethro Tull. What a support group! I get these guys together and we can solve any problem. The music goes inside, deeper and deeper. It does something to my soul. It lifts my spirit. It reminds me of better days; of youth when I could get away with anything. Turn on Eric Burdon - Monterey , When I Was Young, It's My Life, Sky Pilot, White Houses, or Spill The Wine. No body will look at me crooked or they'll get their ass kicked.

This music does something to a person. It makes you fly. Mind control? Not really. It's an enzyme to a better recipe. And when I need to cook...

So when you start reading this blog. You can rest assure, that as I go through these different artists, and others, that they are all personal to me. I feel like I know them like friends. And just like friends, I get along better with some better than others, some get on my nerves and some I like better than others and so on. Of course your opinion is different. That makes the world go 'round.

So leave me alone right now, while me and my friends get together and do our thing.
See ya' soon.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

I have to agree. As a child of a nomad, music was my only constant. It is such a great friend, it lifts when it needs to, it brings you down, and takes on a journey in your mind. I love the way I can turn it up loud, sing along and I'm there in the middle of a dance floor in 1969 with a sunburn and a twinkle in my eye.

The1stdaughter said...

Well, considering that I am a product of you and my mood changes with the wind I share the same feelings about music. I can listen to a song sometimes and remember exactly how I felt and when it was when I listened to it the most. I love music and when I need a way to escape, it does the job.