Saturday, March 8, 2008

We Had the Best Music of All Time!

Ok, I know you're not going to be happy about this. That is if you're younger than 40. I'm over fifty. Oh well. I don't have a whole bunch of things that I can be proud about, but this is one. And it's a big one! Just forget about American Idol and all that Rap and all that pop crap. We had real MUSIC! Let's talk about The Beatles, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd,Paul Rogers and Bad Company, Buffalo Springfield, Cream, and so on and so on. I could go on forever. And I hope I do! And I hope you jump in here and give me a hand.

We had the best music! And that's what this blog is all about. I'm not much interested in talking about Vietnam or the like. But whatever comes up comes up. And politics? It's hard to separate it from our music. I may even stroll into other genres. Is that a word? genre? I like a lot of other stuff. You'll see.

Advertising? Yes I'm going to advertise. Please click through and even buy some crap once in a while. A few pennies will help me out. I hope I will return the favor by putting up some stuff about your favorite band once in a while.

So let's jump in. Give me a chance to get my house around here in shape and we can get on with it. Thanks for lookin' in.

3 comments:

Robyn said...

We did have the best music! This is going to be fun. Proof that we had the best and still do? All the reunited bands, and touring again stuff going on right now. They are selling out everywhere and people new to the music are going not just the old fogies!

Great idea!

The1stdaughter said...

Okay, well, I will give some slack! I grew up on all the stuff you are writing about and would say it had more influence on me than most any other music. But...there are still a few things more recently that I like. All in all I do think the music has taken a dive in the last few decades.

Anonymous said...

Okay, show us what ya got. It'll be cool to see how you set this up- by song, group, album? Sounds like a great idea. Keep 'em coming.